come work with us
Just Food looks for customer service minded and enthusiastic applicants to join our growing team!
Customer Service Representative
Part-Time, Hourly; Up to 16 hours per week
Two Positions Available
This position of Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all! The individuals we are looking to hire will be welcoming, with a great ‘can do’ attitude. They will greet our customers and staff enthusiastically! This person is always willing and able to go that extra mile.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet customers as they arrive and thank them for shopping upon leaving
- Politely answer and route phone calls
- Help to ensure that supplies at the Customer Service Desk are maintained
- Be the ambassador for our Co-op
- Fantastic “can do” attitude
- Positive and welcoming to others
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a, sometimes, stressful environment
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Knowledge of co-ops and natural foods helpful, but not required
- Ability to speak Spanish is desired, but not required
There are two positions available. We will be staffing the Customer Service Desk from 10am-2pm and 4-7pm Monday through Friday; Saturday from 9:30am-1:30pm and Sunday from 10am-2pm. Hours may be changed and/or added in the fall as shopping patterns change.
Benefits of working for Just Food Co-op include 20% purchase discount; paid time off; employer match in SIMPLE retirement plan; gain share and profit sharing programs. Priority applications are due on 07/30/2017; Review of applications will continue until positions are filled; Posted on 7/21/2017
Applicants may get an application by stopping by the Customer Service Desk and requesting a paper copy. You may also download the materials at www.justfood.coop
Thanks for considering Just Food as your employer!
Just Food Co-op offers a competitive total compensation package including paying a living wage rate for all positions after successful completion of employees’ Initial Employment Period (usually 90 days), a 20% purchase discount, Paid Time Off accrued at 3 work-weeks per year, an employee assistance program, a 3% match in a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and possible Gainshare and Profit Sharing payments.
When applying for a position, please fill out an application and return it to a cashier or e-mail our Human Resources Manager. Management positions require that a cover letter and resume be emailed to the Human Resources Manager. Your application will be reviewed carefully and you will be contacted if we would like to discuss your application further. Just Food Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
things to consider
- The majority of our jobs require some weekend and/or evening hours.
- All employees receive a 20% discount on purchases at the Co-op.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is earned by all long term employees, both full and part time.
- Qualified applicants must have exemplary customer service skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands. Knowledge of natural foods is preferred.