come work with us
Just Food looks for customer service minded and enthusiastic applicants to join our growing team!
Customer Service Clerk; Part-Time Position
Hourly, 25 hours/week – Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends
What is your role in this position? To model Just Food’s customer service motto: We have the best customer service in town! To provide prompt, friendly & courteous service while assisting customers in the store & on the phone or internet. To respond promptly & appropriately to requests for assistance from internal & external customers. To accurately & efficiently process requests, customer & membership transaction while supporting the Co-op’s Ends.
- Greet arriving customers and thank them for shopping upon leaving
- Promptly, politely answer and accurately route phone calls, messages and customer comments and requests in compliance with established practices
- Maintain customer service supplies and materials for distribution
- Complete customer transactions quickly, accurately & complying with established policies
- Maintain a clean work area, including entry vestibule, storage areas and equipment
- Communicate & document any equipment and/or safety concerns to Dept. Manager
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front End, Marketing, or General Manager
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with Just Food Co-op, its products and its community role
- Analytical ability, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, and good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn, take on new challenges and to work efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Strong active communication skills, including use multiple communication media effectively
- Regular, predictable attendance; available evenings, alternate weekends & some holidays
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing conditions quickly
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift and move up to 20lbs throughout shift
- Frequently stand, walk, squat, bend, sit, balance, and/or rotate body
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and sit on an elevated stool
- Ability to safely use sharp cutting instruments
- Use of hands to operate machinery including but not limited to cash register and computer
Posted February 23, 2017
Please turn in applications by the end of business Tuesday February 28, 2017
Just Food Co-op offers a competitive total compensation package including paying a living wage rate for all positions after successful completion of employees’ Initial Employment Period (usually 90 days), a 20% purchase discount, Paid Time Off accrued at 3 work-weeks per year, an employee assistance program, a 3% match in a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and possible Gainshare and Profit Sharing payments.
When applying for a position, please fill out an application and return it to a cashier or e-mail our Human Resources Manager. Management positions require that a cover letter and resume be emailed to the Human Resources Manager. Your application will be reviewed carefully and you will be contacted if we would like to discuss your application further. Just Food Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
things to consider
- The majority of our jobs require some weekend and/or evening hours.
- All employees receive a 20% discount on purchases at the Co-op.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is earned by all long term employees, both full and part time.
- Qualified applicants must have exemplary customer service skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands. Knowledge of natural foods is preferred.