come work with us
Just Food looks for customer service minded and enthusiastic applicants to join our growing team!
Center of Store Manager, Full-Time, Salaried, Benefits-Eligible
Benefits include: 20% purchase discount; Paid Time Off; employer match in SIMPLE retirement plan; gain share and profit sharing programs, employer-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability. Just Food Co-op pays 90% of our employee’s health insurance premiums. Non-subsidized family coverage, dental and vision coverage also available.
- Provide the best customer service in town, both internally and to customers
- Follow and create systems and procedures for purchasing and receiving of product in the grocery department
- Set goals for sales, margins and inventory turns for the grocery department
- Manage department inventory, product levels and quality of product within the guidelines of the Co-op’s product policy
- Implement merchandising plans for grocery department
- Ensure that displays and shelves are fully stocked, rotated, fronted and faced
- Hire and train department staff
- Develop and motivate employees, modeling professional work ethic
- Ensure appropriate signage and shelf tags are displayed
- Experience purchasing & merchandising for a department in a natural food store
- Demonstrate successful supervisory experience; hiring, training, evaluating, giving directions, coaching, administering necessary disciplinary measures and lead by example
- Ability to read & interpret financial reports; familiarity with open book management a plus
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
- Excellent prioritizing & time management skills
- Knowledgeable about current trends in natural foods industry
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to give clear directions, be a good listener,
calmly resolves conflict
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Email) and Point of Sale systems
Physical Qualifications include:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to withstand cold temperatures for extended periods of time with appropriate attire
Applications must be received by end of business on Sunday, May 6th. You can receive an application from our website or the Front End department. Please submit application, cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
When applying for a position, please fill out an application and return it to a cashier or e-mail our Human Resources Manager. Management positions require that a cover letter and resume be emailed to the Human Resources Manager. Your application will be reviewed carefully and you will be contacted if we would like to discuss your application further. Just Food Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
things to consider
- The majority of our jobs require some weekend and/or evening hours.
- All employees receive a 20% discount on purchases at the Co-op.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is earned by all long term employees, both full and part time.
- Qualified applicants must have exemplary customer service skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands. Knowledge of natural foods is preferred.