come work with us
Just Food looks for customer service minded and enthusiastic applicants to join our growing team!
Produce Store Stocker
Part-time Position, Hourly; 16-20 hours/week
Evenings and weekends required.
This position is responsible for keeping displays, coolers, shelves and bins fully stocked, for providing prompt, friendly, courteous customer service and for helping meet the goals of the Produce Department.
Benefits include: 20% purchase discount; paid time off; employer match in SIMPLE retirement plan; gainshare and profit sharing programs.
- Keep displays, coolers, shelves and bins fully stocked and organized in the Produce Department.
- Provide prompt, friendly and courteous customer service by meeting each customer’s individuals needs
- Remove trash, clean cases and keep prep and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Dispose of damaged or spoiled goods promptly, properly maintaining shrink records.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands, prioritize and stay calm, while serving the public.
- Organized, accurate, pays attention to detail
- Ability to offer friendly, warm and welcoming customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeated and to work for up to 30 minutes in a cooler at 35 degrees Fahrenheit temperature
- Familiarity with natural foods
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Posted May 3, 2017
Applicants may fill out an application form from the end or online at www.justfood.coop
Priority consideration given to applications received by May 14, 2017.
Just Food Co-op offers a competitive total compensation package including paying a living wage rate for all positions after successful completion of employees’ Initial Employment Period (usually 90 days), a 20% purchase discount, Paid Time Off accrued at 3 work-weeks per year, an employee assistance program, a 3% match in a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and possible Gainshare and Profit Sharing payments.
When applying for a position, please fill out an application and return it to a cashier or e-mail our Human Resources Manager. Management positions require that a cover letter and resume be emailed to the Human Resources Manager. Your application will be reviewed carefully and you will be contacted if we would like to discuss your application further. Just Food Co-op is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
things to consider
- The majority of our jobs require some weekend and/or evening hours.
- All employees receive a 20% discount on purchases at the Co-op.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is earned by all long term employees, both full and part time.
- Qualified applicants must have exemplary customer service skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands. Knowledge of natural foods is preferred.