come work with us
Just Food looks for customer service minded and enthusiastic applicants to join our growing team!
Just Food Co-op is a community owned natural foods store and deli located in the heart of downtown Northfield. Two colleges, a robust music scene, great schools, and fantastic arts programming are just a few reasons to call Northfield home.
A Deli Cook is responsible to prepare quality food according to deli recipes in a timely, efficient manner. This position is also responsible to help the department meet goals for sales, margin, and labor. A Deli Cook completes these responsibilities in a manner that upholds the values and Ends of Just Food Co-op and the cooperative identity.
- Preparation of deli foods, including soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches, spreads and dips according to a production schedule.
- Assemble, wrap and price sandwiches and other deli food as needed.
- Repackage deli items purchased from outside sources for resale as needed.
- Maintain kitchen in sanitary and orderly condition, following health department standards.
- Research and recommend new recipes to Deli Managers.
- Ensure product is stocked, rotated, fronted and faced according to established procedures.
- Pull low quality or out of date items, recording and properly disposing of them following established procedures.
- Place orders for deli items as assigned by Deli Managers.
- Maintain back stock areas in clean, orderly condition, meeting health department standards.
- Assist with receiving and stocking product for deli dept.
- Wear proper clothing in accordance with the Co-op dress code during shift, including nametag.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Deli, Meat & Cheese Manager and/or Deli Assistant Manager.
The full posting and application for Deli Cook can be found here.
Grocery Stocker/Online Order Shopper
- Stock displays, shelves, bins, coolers and freezers fully without overcrowding; face items on shelves.
- Rotate stock according to established procedures,
- Pulling short-date or low-quality items and disposing of them according to SOP Maintain stocking lists for later shifts and communicate needs accordingly
- Notify Buyers or Grocery Manager of out-of-stocks.
- Help with unloading deliveries, check-in orders.
- Rotate backstock into storage. Maintain storage system in backroom.
- Assist with processing of special orders.
- Work safely and follow all workplace safety guidelines
Online Shopper Responsibilities:
- Accurately selects groceries ordered online by customers.
- Makes order substitutions based on established policy.
- Selects highest quality produce, meat, and other fresh products.
- Upon gathering orders, place in storage at proper temperature and promptly retrieve from storage prior to customer’s arrival.
- Cart to and place in holding area for pick-up.
- Lift, carry, and load groceries into customer vehicle.
The full posting and application for Stocker/Online Order Shopper can be found here.
things to consider
- The majority of our jobs require some weekend and/or evening hours.
- All employees receive a 20% discount on purchases at the Co-op.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is earned by all long term employees, both full and part time.
- Qualified applicants must have exemplary customer service skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands. Knowledge of natural foods is preferred.