co-op membership: what a great investment
Just Food Co-op is your community-owned grocery store. Our members, over 3,000 of your
friends and neighbors, are equal owners of Just Food. You do not have to be a member to
shop at Just Food, but we hope you will consider our invitation to join.
become a member
Not a member yet? Fill out our Membership Application and bring it to a Just Food Co-op cashier to begin receiving the benefits of membership immediately!
Your one time investment of $125 in your community owned grocery store entitles you to many
- 10% case order discounts
- Monthly member-only specials
- The opportunity to attend Just Food Co-op meetings
- The Annual Meeting & Celebration in October
- Monthly Board Meetings (open to members only)
- Patronage refunds (when we’re in a financial position to do so, and at the discretion of the Board)
- Subscription to Just Food Co-op’s newsletter, The ComPost
- Check writing for up to $20 over the amount of purchase
- Special pricing for many of Just Food Co-op’s classes
- Free use of the Just Food Co-op Community Room for personal events
- An equal vote in Board elections and major policy decisions
- Qualification to run for a Board of Director seat
the seven cooperative principles
The origin of the cooperative business can be traced back to the Rochdale Pioneers in Rochdale, England. It is the way cooperative businesses, including Just Food Co-op, operate today. The seven cooperative principles remind us of who we are, what we are doing and how we have agreed to do it.
Cooperatives provide education and training for members, elected representatives, managers and employees so they can contribute effectively to the development of their cooperative. Members also inform the general public about the nature and benefits of cooperatives.
Just Food is proud to be an active partner with many non-profit groups in our community to provide education, support and guidance on the topic of healthy and just food. In addition to classes, we participate in local health fairs and community events, spreading the cooperative message wherever we go!
Cooperatives serve their members most effectively and strengthen the cooperative movement by working together through local, national, regional and international structures.
Just Food is grateful to be part of a strong regional network within the Twin Cities as well as a thriving national network. Cooperatives serve their members most effectively when we work together with others that know and value the cooperative business model. Co-ops are truly Stronger Together!