Co-op Membership—What a great investment!
Just Food is truly a community-owned grocery store. Our members—over 2,600 of your friends and neighbors—are actually equal owners of Just Food Co-op. And while you don’t have to be an member to shop at Just Food, we hope you will consider our invitation to join.
College Cooperator discount cards are available for students for $15. The discount card entitles students to member special pricing as well as case order discounts. The discount card can only be used by that student, and must be presented with a college ID.
NEW for 2013-2014 – CARE (Cooperative Access to Responsible Eating) Packages!
We are proud to offer a CARE package program to college students who attend either St. Olaf College or Carleton College. The Co-op commits to delivering CARE packages once per month on the Third Tuesday of each month. Expect extra special care packages to arrive during exam weeks at the college. All CARE package pricing includes a College Cooperator Card!
We will be sure to provide a variety of delicious and nutritious (and sometimes just plain fun) treats to your college student each month. Our products are free of artificial dyes and all the extra ‘stuff’ you don’t want your student to have. We’ve got the brain-power foods that can help them push through the night studying and writing papers!
As a bonus, Just Food has also teamed up with our Wellness Suppliers to offer a freebie sample bag of wellness items each month. The wellness supply will vary, but could include samples like multivitamins, fish oil, toothpaste, lotions, and soaps. We will help you get good, quality, nutritious foods to those special college students in your life. If you are ever in need of something for your student, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re glad to help in any way we are able!
Submit the CARE package request to the Co-op and we’ll get your student set up to receive a special package each month!
Your investment of $125 entitles you to a variety of benefits.
- 10% case order discounts
- Monthly member-only specials
- The opportunity to attend Just Food meetings:
- The Annual Owners’ Meeting in October
- Monthly Board Meetings (open to owners only)
- Patronage refunds (when we’re in a financial position to do so, and at the discretion of the Board)
- Subscription to the Just Food newsletter, The ComPost
- Subscription to The Mix, the Twin Cities Natural Food Co-op newsletter
- Check writing for up to $20 over the amount of purchase
- Special pricing for many of Just Food’s classes
- Free use of the Just Food Community Room
- An equal vote in Board elections and major policy decisions
- Qualification to run for a Board of Director seat
Become a member
Not an member yet? Just Food member Application, fill it out and bring it to a Just Food Co-op cashier to begin receiving the benefits of membership immediately!